Everybody has hair. Unless you are a naked mole rat or one of those weird hairless cats... but for the most part humans have hair and our relationship with our hair usually involves some means of trying to tame, control, direct or even eliminate it. I became a laser tech back in 2004 so all of my laser hair removal treatments have been completed for years now. I sometimes forget what a drag it was to have to worry about my hair. Back in the day (before laser) I used to shave, wax, epilate and depilate!! You would think I was a Yeti if you were to see all of the products and gadgets I had to remove hair but it was something that really bothered me. Now when I shave the whole process takes about 30 seconds and if I forget it's a non issue. Any hair that I do have is so fine and light that I rarely ever have to shave. It's been years since I've had my laser hair removal treatments and I think I tend to take it all for granted so today I'm going to list all the pros (as well as some cons to be fair) of having laser hair removal.
- Save time getting ready!!
- If you're an outdoorsy person like me you'll love the convenience of not having to worry about shaving while on a backpacking trip or camping
- You're always ready for summer, for swimsuits, shorts, sleeveless tops, dresses and for guys...you can go shirtless with confidence! No more "five o'clock shadow"
- No more ingrown hairs or razor burn. Yup, laser hair removal means no more ingrown hairs!
- Save money on razors, depilatories (Nair, Veet...), waxing and other hair removal supplies
- Have truly smooth skin instead of stubble from hair grow out after shaving
- No more having to wait for hair to grow out so you can wax it
- Some people find their excess hair embarrassing so you'll no longer have to worry about that anymore
- Feel more confident in your own skin
- Laser hair removal can be painful
- Have to wear sunscreen/keep treatment area out of sun during treatments/no self tanner
- It can be expensive
- Risk of burns
The pros of laser hair removal are obvious so let me address the cons.
1. Laser Hair Removal Can Be painful - In order for treatments to be effective there needs to be a sufficient amount of light absorbed by your hair. Many clinics will claim to have "pain free" hair removal. All this means is that the technician is using extremely low treatment settings so you will have to come in for more treatments. It means more money in the clinic's pocket and a hair removal process for you that ends up being more expensive and much longer than expected. At BodyBio, with any laser hair removal treatment package purchased in full you recieve our lifetime guarantee. This means that as long as you don't miss any of your scheduled 6 treatments we will treat any hair you have that grows back for free. Treatment settings can be adjusted to your comfort with no added cost down the line. If you do find the laser treatments to be painful you can choose to have a topical anesthetic applied while you relax with a cup of hot tea and a magazine. You can also use this time to recieve a mini facial or a customized treatment mask....